Posting of documents
At the first opportunity please send by mail the original copies of stamped Tax Free Forms with attached receipts to CITYrefund.
Please take the advantage of using special envelopes marked with CITYrefund logo (attached to Tax Free Form) to mail the documents from any country world-wide free of charge. These envelopes is intended for sending the documents only by postal mail, don’t put this envelope in other refund offices document box!
When to expect the refund?
Within 5 working days from the moment we receive the original copies of your documents.
This processing time excludes the time required to proceed the transactions by involved companies that deal with money transfers.
Receive the refund amount in cash or by money remittance
We offer to you four options for money disbursement, i.e.:
- In cash. The refund can now be received in cashier’s refund offices*; The list of offices is updated regularly!
- Transfer to your VISA or MASTERCARD credit card;
- Transfer to your PayPal account;
- Transfer to SEPA** countries bank account.
*Abkhazia, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Estonia, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, South Ossetia.
- 28 member states of the European Union, including:
- the 19 states that are in the Eurozone
- 10 states which are not in the Eurozone (Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden, United Kingdom);
- The four European Free Trade Association member states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland);
- Monaco, San Marino.
- **SEPA consists of 34 countries:
In order to receive the refund amount in cash:
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to an address catalogue, in which you will be able to find the nearest cashier's office location in your city (country of residence);
- SMS message will be sent to your mobile phone stating the refund amount and the transfer code;
Visit the Cash refund point during business hours.
Present your passport / identification document. Only the person indicated in the Tax Free Form is eligible to receive the refund. The disbursement to third parties shall not be carried out!
Present the transfer code and the amount transferred which you received by SMS message, and state the name of the sender - CITYrefund.
Receive your VAT refund amount in cash.
Expenses for money disbursement
In case of the refund in cash, a transfer to your credit card or SEPA bank account, all the expenses for money disbursement is paid by CITYrefund.
The currency of the VAT refund disbursements
If the transfer is made to your credit card, you will receive the refund in the currency of your credit card or in the currency of your country of residence. If the currency of your credit card cannot be recognized, the refund will be transferred in US dollars or euros. In cases that are not regulated by terms and conditions, CITYrefund reserves the right of choosing the appropriate refund method at its reasonable discretion.
For a refund in currency different than the currency in which the Tax Free Form is issued, the converting of currency is performed based on the current exchange rate provided by recognized European Commercial Bank.
Please take into consideration that Tax Free Forms can be submitted for VAT refund within the period of 12 months since the day of purchase.